Subscription Members ONLY
Exclusive Cookie of the Month: Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip
Exclusive Cookie Recipe
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter or shortening, slightly chillier than room temp
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pretzels
1/2 cup Chopped pieces of caramel (We used Dallas Caramel Company's salted caramels)
Pretzel twists for pressing on cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter or shortening, sugars, and salt for 5 minutes on medium high. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition, followed by vanilla. Switch mixer to low. Add flour mixture slowly. Mix in the chocolate chips, then add the chopped pretzels and caramel pieces last, mixing only until incorporated to keep the pretzels and caramel pieces from breaking up.
- At this point, dough can be refrigerated either in individual balls or as a whole until needed. For larger cookies, use 1/3 c. measure to make about 15 cookies. For 2 dozen smaller cookies, use a scant quarter cup. Press twisted pretzel piece into the top of the cookie directly before baking.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and delicious. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to finish. Cookies will freeze well if frozen the day of or the day after being baked. They will keep up to a week in an airtight container.